One of the suspects was arrested and charged for a large ammunition explosion that occurred near the explosion site this week. Major League Baseball The All-Star Game has a decade-long history of weapons and drug charges.
Richard Pratt, who was arrested in Denver on Friday night, has faced charges in three different counties-Jefferson County, Douglas County and Boulder County-in the past 11 years.
According to court records, he previously pleaded guilty to multiple charges, including theft, drugs, weapons, child abuse unrelated to negligence, and threats of felony crimes related to the 2016 incident. He also pleaded guilty to possession of drugs in another case in 2010, but still faces charges of drugs and weapons in a case last year.
Pratt was arrested at the Maven Hotel with two other men and a woman this weekend after a housekeeper reported to the police that more than a dozen weapons and more than 1,000 bullets were found in their room.
Pratt was charged with one count of possession of a weapon by a former criminal and two counts of possession of controlled substances with intent to distribute.
He appeared in court on Sunday, and the Denver Magistrate set his security deposit at $50,000 in cash.
He and his lawyer requested different bail payments, arguing that he would not run away and that he had a court record.
Pratt told the judge: “I do have a brand new job, and I do have and I have arranged each court date in my final case. I did each one. I did not miss any court dates.”
Judge Kathleen Boland rejected Platt’s request on the grounds of “serious public safety issues” in the case.
The other suspects-Gabriel Rodriguez, Ricardo Rodriguez and Kanoelehua Serikawa-are expected to appear in court on Monday.
Denver police are concerned that the number of weapons, ammunition and vantage points on the eighth floor of a hotel one block from Coors Field may cause a “Las Vegas-style shooting” in Tuesday’s game.
However, the FBI stated on Sunday that it believed that Friday’s arrests had nothing to do with terrorist activities and the All-Star Game.
“We have no reason to believe that this incident is related to terrorism or threats to the All-Star Game. We currently do not know of any threats to the All-Star Game events, venues, players or communities,” the statement read.
Denver Police Chief Paul Pazen said the investigation is still at an early stage and no possibility has been ruled out.
“That’s the whole content of the investigation. We need to determine as accurately as possible why the individual was here in the first place and why he was close to the city center. We don’t have these answers,” Parson said at a press conference on Sunday.
Thousands of fans have arrived in Denver to celebrate the celebrations surrounding the big game. As we all know, the annual event attracts a large number of people. More than 36,000 people participated in the last All-Star Game of 2019. Last year’s game was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.